Cats make lovely pets and are not very demanding. They are very clean animals and their lovely fur is usually very soft to touch, especially pedigree cats which have long hair. However, taking care of your pet cat is of utmost importance as this would not only keep your pet happy but even keep them healthy. Usually, there is more to cat care than just the routine maintenance. Should you feel that your cat is suffering from any medical issue, do not delay in bringing them to the Vet Clinic.
How to Keep Your Cat Safe
Listed below are some of the tips that you could follow to keep your cat healthy on the physical as well as emotional level:
– Cats can be amazing pets and take care of them is much simpler as compared to dogs. This is because you don’t need to take your cat out for a walk. Moreover, to ensure the safety of your cat you should keep them inside the house and do not let them stay out alone as they might end up going somewhere and might not be able to come back home.
– You should spend some time with your cat so that you are able to understand their behaviors. This will even help you in knowing more about their desires and demands. Cats have varied personalities and can often react very differently to situations. Getting some info on the basics of cat behavior can really help you understand your new companion.
– If you are planning to keep them outdoors, then have a cage or a sturdy fence for your pet so that they remain safe.
– Always feed your cat with healthy food so that it makes them strong and beautiful. You should even take care of their diet but not over-feed or underfeed them as this may make them sick.
– Take your cat regularly to the vet for check-ups as there may be some situations when your cat is sick and you are unaware of it. So, a vet will be able to check them properly and would even suggest a few tips in case your pet is sick. Moreover, you can even ask the vet to suggest few healthy eating tips.
– While taking care of your feline friend, you even need to potty train them. This is a very important task as it would save you from cleaning up the mess in the house.
– Bathe your feline friend regularly as this will keep them clean and healthy.
– You should groom your cat every day as it will keep them fresh and hygienic too.
– Playing with your pet is important too as this will make them active and healthy. Otherwise, your pet may turn out to be a lazy one.
– You should get your cat vaccinated regularly and at correct intervals to save them from various diseases.
These were just a few simple and effective tips for keeping your cat healthy and safe. However, if your cat falls sick due to some disease then you will need to take some relevant steps in curing your pet. Discussed below are some of the diseases that your cat can encounter in their life.
Aids in Cats: Aids is one of the most serious diseases that your cat can encounter and your pet can even die from it. This disease spreads whenever an infected cat bites another cat or an infected mother can pass it on to her kittens during birth.
Enteritis in Cats: Also referred as distemper or panleukopenia, is a disease is usually found in kittens that are younger than 6 months. However, older cats can too develop this disease but they are strong enough to fight with it. This disease is caused due to a virus and infected cats can pass on to others by coming in direct contact with them.
Skin Allergies in Cats: Skin allergies or a topic dermatitis are extremely common among cats. Some cats have mild allergies whereas some have severe. There are various factors that lead to allergies and one of them is vaccination. However, vaccination is very important too hence it’s better to take good care of your cat’s immunity system so that they stay away from allergies.
Endocrine Alopecia in Cats: This is a rare skin condition that mainly leads to loss of hair in cats. As ringworm too leads to hair loss, hence diagnosing this condition is quite difficult and vets are required to check the sample of the cat’s hair under a microscope. This would easily determine the cause of hair loss.
Ringworm in Cats: Ringworm is a kind of fungal infection that leads to hair loss in cats and it is a common disease that is found in them. It usually spreads fast and so you need to take good care of your pet.
Diabetes in Cats: Usually middle aged and older cats suffer from diabetes. Moreover, if your feline friend is overweight then there are more chances of it encountering diabetes. You should take care that your diabetic cat eats regularly so that they are guarded against the insulin overdoses. However, you should even feed them with healthy food and take care that they do not become obese.
Most of these diseases are quite difficult to spot in the initial stages, hence; a routine checkup with the vet plays an important role in your cat’s life. You must fix a particular date for your pet’s regular checkup so that they are not missed and this would thereby ensure that your cat is always protected from these dreadful diseases. By taking good care of your pet you are showing how much you care for them and this will thereby help in forming a powerful bond between both of you. If your cat is happy then it will make you happy!